ROTATIONAL MOLDING OPERATOR
This position is responsible for operating rotational molding machine to form multiple models of kayaks. The Rotational Molding Operator ensures that kayaks are produced to engineering specifications and meet finished molded product quality. This position also performs trimming, flame polishing, and cutting out of the kayaks as dictated by the needs of the work area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates rotational molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operates machinery through manipulation of switches, buttons, or keypads.
- Assists in the set-up of molds and makes minor adjustments as necessary.
- Fastens and releases holding clamps.
- Keeps detailed production records of daily machine production.
- Removes molded items from mold cavity ensuring product quality during process.
- Trims molded items with hand tools (utility knives, hobby knives, deburring tools).
- Records thickness information of molded items on a daily basis.
- Documents any variations of process in the daily production log.
- Inspects molded items for defects and records information on designated forms.
- Repairs defects as necessary through the use of supplied tools and equipment.
- Carries molded items (weighing up to 60 lbs.) to staging rack and locates rack in open bin location.
- Identifies problems with tooling and machinery.
- Assists in the correction of minor equipment malfunctions.
- Must following specific testing guidelines.
- Must meet production requirements and quality standards.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by the company.
- Makes optimum use of time and keeps work area clean and neat.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Abides by all the policies, procedures, guidelines of the company, including conformance to good common sense safety practices and regulations.
- Completes other duties as assigned by manager and/or other members of management.
This position receives general supervision from the rotational molding manager. Works independently with team of rotational molding operators to produce molded bodies for kayaks.
- High School diploma or equivalency, and one year related work experience and/or training.
- Ability to resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to work and maintain stability in high heat, fast paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all co-workers to ensure a good and open work environment to achieve total customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Must be reliable and maintain open communication with management to achieve all goals and production requirements set by Confluence.
- Must be able to meet Confluence attendance standards reporting to work on time and working for all scheduled shifts.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently and in a group environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- 2nd & 3rd shift positions must be able to train on 1st shift for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Must be able to work overtime on the weekends occasionally, especially during peak season.
- Position exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Movement required includes ascending and descending a platform to reach molds.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching is required.
- Handling - requires seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Fingering - picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Feeling – perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Color vision – ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Return to Careers page to see available shifts and how to apply