The position is responsible for producing perfectly assembled kayaks that reflect the quality, function and beauty expected in the Confluence brands. The incumbent must know and understand the product details that influence performance and quality, and guarantee that quality on every boat made. Assemblers assure each and every product detail is assembled correctly and meets our strict standards for function and aesthetics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-inspects boat hulls. If problems or defects are found, completes repairs if possible. If not, then sends boat back to rotational molders.
assembles raw boat hulls to engineering and order specifications. This includes, but is not limited to the
- Drilling holes and installing post mold inserts;
- Installing deck fittings, deck riggings, bungees, static lines, etc.;
- Tying knots in deck rigging and burning ends of bungee cord to provide neat appearance and prevent fraying;
- Installing parts in hull according to phase including seats, skegs, rudders, etc.; and
- Sealing bulkheads.
- Safely operates a flash gun to correctly flash hulls.
- Operates drills and other hand tools in a safe and correct manner.
- Reads, interprets and handles information on Master Operational Methods Sheets (MOMS) and Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO) correctly to include sticker application.
- Correctly and legibly applies serial numbers in compliance with Coast Guard regulations.
- When needed wraps boats correctly when assembly is complete.
- Knows location of and how to use Model Process Instructions (MPI) in assembly.
- Must meet production requirements and quality standards.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by the company.
- Makes optimum use of time and keeps work area clean and neat.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Abides by all the policies, procedures, guidelines of the company, including conformance to good common sense safety practices and regulations.
- Completes other duties as assigned by manager and/or other members of management
This position receives general supervision from the shift manager and assembly leads. Works independently with team of assemblers to produce quality kayaks.
- High School diploma or equivalency, and one year related work experience and/or training.
- Ability to resolve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to work and maintain stability in high heat, fast paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all co-workers to ensure a good and open work environment to achieve total customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work with hand tools.
- Must be reliable and maintain open communication with management to achieve all goals and production requirements set by Confluence.
- Must be able to meet Confluence attendance standards reporting to work on time and working for all scheduled shifts.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work independently and in a group environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- 2nd & 3rd shift positions must be able to train on 1st shift for 2 to 3 weeks.
- Must be able to work overtime on the weekends occasionally, especially during peak season.
- Position exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching is required.
- Handling - requires seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Fingering - picking, pinching, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Feeling – perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture, by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Color vision – ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Return to Careers page to see available shifts and how to apply